Jun 1, 2009

We are HOME! Josiah's been released!





Praise God from whom all blessings flow! We are so blessed! They FINALLY let us leave!!! We are HOME SWEET HOME!!!!!! They said they won't know for SURE until Thursday specifically what was or is wrong with him, but since he seems very energetic and healthy, that we might as well wait at home, especially with me being pregnant and due any day. They did confirm that it is not leukemia! PTL! Most of the kids we saw on oncology were very tired, seemed to be in pain, but Josiah has been very energetic from the get go. They gave us back all of the paperwork regarding leukemia that we signed. My son won't lose his beautiful curls!

Now here is the peculiar part... they think he may have the Epstein-Barr Virus ! One of the doctors seems certain, one of the doctors said maybe. I have no idea how EBV could make Josiah as ill as he was. My only concern is that it could be undiagnosed Aplastic anemia. Huatzin was a bit discouraged that we didn't get a clean bill of health for our son or know the cause. I am standing in faith that our boy is healed! We are still praying guidance regarding the cord blood. Apparently viacord will bank blood for free if a disease of some sort is diagnosed, but we don't yet have a diagnoses and Huatzin has been out of work for some time now. Please pray for work for IMMEDIATE work for him and all his co workers with families to support. I saw a prayer list and laughed. It had 3 different requests for our family. 1) for Huatzin’s job, one for our baby, and one for Josiah. I chuckled. When it rains it pours doesn't it! ;-)

Thank you so much for all the prayer and support. We hope to give more details Thursday. We are home so meals are no longer needed. THANK you to all who signed up and brought us meals or were going to! May the Lord himself repay for your kindness. I got to pray for our roommate and her daughter before we left. I left her Above Rubies Magazines, a book that had all three Stormie Omartian books, "Power of a praying parent, Power of a praying wife, and Power of a praying woman. I also gave her the "Prison to praise" which is about thanking God is every circumstance. I gave her a Message bible (I don't know if she's a believer or not) I also gave her “the Father's Love letter” to encourage her. I pray she reads them. I left my contact info and hope to be able to deliver occasional meals to her as I’m only 10 minutes from the hospital. Maybe watch her daughter while she showers. She lives over an hour away and family hasn't really come by often. We prayed for her and she seemed encouraged. I pray she and her family comes to Christ. I wish I would have done more the last couple days. Another mama was blessed by the Above Rubies magazines. The other mother I befriended had already left before I could pass out any books or pray with her. Please pray for Zoe, Jordan and Jasmine and their families. We pray healing, salvation through Christ, and God's peace, direction, provision, and wisdom. Thanks again for all that you've done. In Christ, our GLORIOUS REDEEMING Savior!

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km63bQinoJk’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”

Refrain
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Refrain

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.
Refrain
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

WATER -

I could get lost in all of Your love for me
Your love and mercy is all that I need
Great is Your kindness, great are Your deeds
And when the world surrounds me, You’re all I see
Hold me in Your arms
Catch me when I fall
Hear me in my darkest hour
Your love flows like Water washing over me
Your love flows like Water washing over me
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=267399

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey goodbye! Our farewell photo at CHOC!


6 comments:

Brenda said...

Praise God! We are all rejoicing with your family!
The Buttrams

Sarah said...

Rejoicing with you! WOOHOO God! We still are praying, and believing for a clean bill of health, washed in the blood of Jesus.

Hugs of joy,
Sarah Dawn

Chelle said...

So happy to hear that. We have been praying for Little Josiah. My grandparents and friend Avery have also been really praying for your family. We are sooo excited to hear the good news and pray that it continues to be good news. Thank the Lord :)

Joy said...

Praise our mighty God! We will keep praying and watching for great news and answered prayers.

Mashel said...

I found your blog through Stacy's and have been praying for your precious little Josiah. I am so glad that he is ok and you have been allowed to go home. What an amazing praise!
I see you are passionate about adoption, and was just wondering if you have plans to adopt?
We are foster parents and are praying that we get the opportunity to adopt, although, our two precious angels are being returned home soon....
If you are interested in reading my blog, just email me, I can add you to the reader list...
It has to be closed so that I can post pictures of the twins, because they are foster.

steffany said...

Praise Jesus!!!!

My heart is smiling at this wonderful news.

How much is it to store the core blood? Maybe I can raise the money to pay for that.

Atheism-Pull the Plug

Unless someone care's

Unless someone care's

Compassion Verse

"Lifehouse Anything Skit"

Our Mighty Arrows

Our Mighty Arrows