Jun 19, 2009

An Exhausted Mama/ A 9 pound baby!

Many people have asked how we are doing. We are fine. I will say this has been one of the hardest recoveries for me. The birth went fine, I labored peacefully. Pushing was very hard for me this time around. I don't know if it's all the stress or if I was emotionally tired from all that is going on, or not getting rest beforehand, but it was very hard.

This is a little embarrassing.. Afterward I tried to do too much too soon and passed out. I actually lost consciousness and couldn't stay awake. It was scary for me. I have never experienced that before. Recovery has been slow, I feel weak and light headed. Thankfully I can rest in my home in my bed without being disturbed they way I would be in a hospital. Huatzin has been amazing, of course. God blessed me with a WONDERFUL husband! I took Hezekiah to the doctor's yesterday and my midwife's scale if off. Hezekiah weigh 9lbs 3 oz. Babies don't gain right off the bat, so he was born 9'3! So that explains some of the difficulty! I couldn't believe I had such a hard time pushing out an 8 pounder! Come to find out he was a tad bigger. ;-) So, yet another similarity between the two boys. Both are born on the 17th, both were 9 lbs 3 oz. and both are good old testament kings. Both names have one of the meanings being " The Lord is my strength/Strength of the Lord. and hopefully, if needed they'll share the same cord blood. ;-) There you have it. Rodriguez Family trivia for you.

We are so in love with this new gorgeous babe. Nothing smells sweeter than a little snuggly sweet baby. Ahhhh God is so good. OK, I'm off to rest. Alida

3 comments:

junglemama said...

COngrats! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your son is beautiful!

junglemama said...

BTW, if you would like to purchase a decal, please email me at thereed8 @ yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

You may have passed out, but you are one strong woman & mommy! We are praying.

Atheism-Pull the Plug

Unless someone care's

Unless someone care's

Compassion Verse

"Lifehouse Anything Skit"

Our Mighty Arrows

Our Mighty Arrows