May 14, 2008

Our dream vehicle (IS A BUS!! :-) )









To answer some of the questions...
YES you are correct there are FOUR children. Which means I'd become Alida w8, and We'd become the Rodriguez Family 10! Can you imagine? I can and it sounds WONDERFUL!

NO, I have not completely lost my mind. YES, I KNOW it will be hard, yes I KNOW these children will come with problems and baggage and hurt! I also believe that God doesn't called the equipped, he equips the CALLED. I believe He wants to give beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."—Isaiah 61:3.

I believe that God wants to setteth the solitary in families or (as New American Standard Bible says, God makes a home for the lonely) Psalm 68:6 I want to be apart of God's plan to restore broken hurting hearts, and to train up these precious children to meet their full potential in Christ! May He redeem the years that the locusts have eaten.

BTW, Let us not forget I myself was a fosterkid. Who better to understand what these children are dealing with but I? :-)God is doing a new thing with our family! Isaiah 43:19 "Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. "

God desires that each child should be raised and nurtured in a family. He is calling us to reflect His likeness and His ways. I believe God is calling the church to lay down their comforts and agendas and to look after those that are so precious to Him. I love this new trend of Christians stepping out in faith and welcoming orphans into their hearts and homes!
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." We want to be apart of the Lords work and what He is doing.

OK, so now you know my heart... Now for the practical side of things, pictured, is a really neat bus that I would like. It is called a turtle top. Oh a girl can dream! Alida ;-)

0 comments:

Atheism-Pull the Plug

Unless someone care's

Unless someone care's

Compassion Verse

"Lifehouse Anything Skit"

Our Mighty Arrows

Our Mighty Arrows