May 2, 2008

We did a spirit filled Treasure hunt!

Ladies,
We did the coolest thing on Sunday! We did a treasure hunt for Jesus! My heart has been so convicted. I feel like if I were to die, many would come to my funeral saying how I did and this for Jesus and that I am godly, my kids would be like "WHO are they talking about?" I don't want my faith to be compartmentalized from the rest of my life. I want to share what I do WITH my children. They are the next generation and will need to experience that same resurrecting Holy Spirit that I do as they go out into the world preaching. However most ministries force you to work without your children while I wish to include them. I used to feel the same way, but now I have had sort of a paradigm shift. I want to do "family missions/ministry."

It is neat as we have been praying to do great works for Jesus together as a fam, when Kim ( now in China) mentioned that her Vineyard does a mission outreach that includes children! they WILL BEGIN FEEDING THE HOMELESS in Santa Ana AND other neat things as a family. I got to experience the TREASURE HUNT first hand last Sunday. We went to VCC (Vineyard in Aliso Viejo. ) At Sundays at 3:00 pm in the Prayer Room. We were a bit skeptical at first as we are Calvary Chapelites and they usually don't have this type of activity. :-) I remember thinking "GREAT God's not going to use us, were TOTALLY LATE (probably missed the move of the Holy Spirit! ;-) AND I didn't spend the day in fasting or praying or anything so there is NO WAY He'll use us. (like my works based legalism? ha-ha. There was soft music playing in the back and folks were quietly praying and trying to hear form the Lord. They then came over and laid hands on us (even the little toddler laid his chubby little hands on us to pray!) and prayed that the Lord would open up visions and a word of knowledge for us. Afterward they asked if anyone got anything to come and speak it into the mic. One little boy (6 years old) got up and said he saw "dark green benches and chairs that were empty." Another got up (ages 4 or 5) and saw "Rubio's", a mom came up and said she heard the verse. "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But desire fulfilled is a tree of life." Oddly enough, my hubby said that for some reason the name "Robert" came to him. He asked if anyone there was named Robert. I told him that "no, one of the men was named Joel, another named Rod, but not Robert. " We shared what Huatzin received and they said that that was pretty neat as usually they don't get names, they get pictures but not names. I got nothing. GOOSE EGG! ;-)

Anyhoo, we prayed again then headed off over to Rubio's, by the church. It was SO weird. SURE ENOUGH when we got there, there were DARK GREEN BENCHES. They were empty just like the boy saw it in his mind. I was nervous as I thought we'd be looking for a Robert, and didn't want to go up to tons of people asking if they needed prayed and BTW is their name Robert... Funny thing, a woman (Chris) comes up and she seemed very touched by all of our children. (8 total) She commented about how beautiful they were and asked what we were doing there. The Dad told her that we were just at church praying and God told us to come to Rubio's and we asked if she needed prayer. She said YES she did. Chris told us that she had many many many health issues, from pathogens in her body, immune issues, intestinal problems, spinal problems, many issues. ( I missed alot of what was being said. I am sure the Lord did even greater things that what is written here! We prayed with her. Then the dad said " I don't know if this means anything to you, but when were were at the church we saw all of these things and we also heard the name Robert. Do you happen to have a Robert or Roberto close to you? She started crying. She told us that the man that had caused her many health issues and had done horrible things to her, abused her, caused her to become displaced from her home, and that had robbed her was named Robert. ( I think he stole her identity or something of that nature) She prays for his Salvation. She had such a sad story of all the pain in her past, her broken home and difficult childhood. ( I am sorry if I am forgetting huge details, I was chasing after the kids quite a bit and wrangling the ones that got to impatient to stand still. Between my kids and the other families kids we took turns praying and watching kids. )
It was funny because if I wasn't there I wouldn't have believed it. She then questioned my son to see if we were for real. She asked where were just came from. He told her the church, she asked him what we were doing, he told her paying. I think she thought we somehow listened in on a phone call or maybe found out about her from some where else. She wanted to be sure it was totally a GOD thing! IT WAS! Anyhoo, I was in SHOCK! I couldn't believe the Lord used my hubby and such little kids! We got to pray and minister to her for about an hour or so.

This was our first time doing this and we were so blessed. I was nervous about having to approach a bunch of people and God was merciful to have HER approach US! Also, I should note, it was the CHILDREN that drew her to us! If we didn't have those children with us it is doubtful that she would have approached us. It confirmed to me that Gods desire WAS for me to minister WITH my children and to incorporate them in ALL that I do! AMEN! You are all more than welcome to join us. It was AWESOME! God is so good. He still moves and gives gifts and wants to see lives restored and CHANGED. He desires to use each of us, from mama and papa down to nursing babe! AMEN! Alida
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Philippians 3:7-11 "That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead."
May all who come behind us find us faithful." Soli Deo Gloria (For the Glory of God alone)
Alida-Domestic Diva, Proud Homemaking Homeschooling Kingdom building Wife to Huatzin The Noble Knight, Mother to 6 y.o. twins Elijah the Great & Canaan the Magnificent, Virtuous Princess Anaiah Grace (3), Josiah My little man of Valor (1)

0 comments:

Atheism-Pull the Plug

Unless someone care's

Unless someone care's

Compassion Verse

"Lifehouse Anything Skit"

Our Mighty Arrows

Our Mighty Arrows