May 19, 2008

Waiting on the Lord

We are still waiting for fingerprints to come back to begin foster parenting/adoption classes. I have stopped checking the site constantly to see if "our" children are still available. I know that what God has for us is for us! I am faithful that just as he knit my biological children together in my womb, He will knit the right children into our family, hearts and home.

We don't know the ages, ethnicity's or temperaments of the children best for us because I recognize that man looks on the outward and God looks at the heart. (1 Samuel 16:7)For now we see in a mirror dimly, Now what I know is incomplete, but then I will know fully. (1 Cor 13:12) It is funny how often we think we want something a certain way only to be blessed beyond measure with something totally different. (often it is a pleasant surprise) Other times we desperately want things and get them to discover we don't really need it at all. I used to want a home full of daughters. Now I love having our home bursting with boys. This is why we are trust God to plan our family. I don't want to lean on our own understanding thinking I know what best for my life and family. The truth is, we don't now WHAT we want, we only THINK we know! We humans are so fickle and shallow and finite, yet God sees the bigger picture in all things.

Lord I give it all to you and lay it at your feet. I trust that you have put this desire in our hearts to love and care for those precious to you. I pray that He is preparing our children's hearts toward us even as we wait. That they will receive our love and family readily. I pray so many good things for them and love them even though we don't know and have never seen or held them. Protect our children from harm and comfort them as they wait for their forever family. In Jesus name


CAN YOU THINK OF A TIME THAT GOD GAVE YOU SOMETHING DIFFERENTLY THAN WHAT YOU WANTED ORIGINALLY? CARE TO SHARE?

It is better to be faithful than famous.-- Theodore Roosevelt

The steps of a man are established by the Lord, And He delights in his way. When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong, Because the Lord is the One who holds his hand (Psalm 37:23-24, NASB).

*"Life goes better when we know how to glance at things but gaze at God. Seeing Him clearly will enable us to see all other things clearly." ~Selwyn Huges

"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man."

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."- Eleanor Roosevelt

0 comments:

Atheism-Pull the Plug

Unless someone care's

Unless someone care's

Compassion Verse

"Lifehouse Anything Skit"

Our Mighty Arrows

Our Mighty Arrows