Mar 2, 2008

How good is He?

I can't get over how Good the Lord has been to us! Really, I have said it again and again. It is amazing how He used that whole ugly PAINFUL ordeal of last year to bring about a wonderful testimony of His refining redemptive love. So many people tell me that we are such on on fire spirit led family for Him. How we are so hospitable, how God's hand is on us. We tell them that it is because of God's mercy and goodness, and the sanctification that took place all of last year, (well, my whole life really) and our promise as a family to use what God has given us for HIS purposes! I don't think we would have been so appreciative of what we have now, if we didn't go through the fiery furnace of last year! I can't tell you the changes in my husband. I get to hear him sharing his faith, his reasons for why we are pursuing adoption, HIS TESTIMONY! He is growing and it is faith building. My favorite thing is to hear him sing hymns worshipping the Lord. :-) I thank the Lord for my wonderful husband who has had to see me learn how to trust, and love and yield. He is so patient. We will be married 7 year son the 31st. He wants to be baptized.

I am also so grateful to be alive. I see it more and more as I interact with people who raised me that are caught in a snare of suffering and sin. There were so many times Satan tried to snuff out my life ( and prevent my children from being brought into this world), and to see me keep my in bondage. It is so wonderful to see how God has used each hurt and trial to bring Him Glory. I am glad for the many people HE brought to my life that encourage me in my walk. I am blessed by the people the Lord puts in our path to witness and minister too, and to pray for. I am thankful for the many sisters that prayed with me during the Retreat! The Lord has healed my broken and hurt heart in a way that I never thought possible! The Joy of the Lord is our STRENGTH! I have been able to minister to my mother and others about how God wants us to live and abundant life and how He can HEAL our hurts and cleanse our ugly pasts. That He uses all things for Good. I am thankful that the Lord can pick up the pieces of the mess that we have made and the hole we have dug for ourselves and make it a masterpiece of His grace and glory! I am thankful that He uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. Sorry this is so long...LUKE 7:36-47. To whom much is forgiven, he loveth much; and to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.


Psalm 40: 1
I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,

Psalm 40:3 He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.
Alida

0 comments:

Atheism-Pull the Plug

Unless someone care's

Unless someone care's

Compassion Verse

"Lifehouse Anything Skit"

Our Mighty Arrows

Our Mighty Arrows