May 27, 2010

One year ago today


One year ago today, my life instantly changed forever. My sweet 2 year old son, Josiah Valor, was hospitalized at CHOC. I was told that our son had either cancer or a serious life threatening blood disorder. So much has happened since then. We will never be the same. Thank you all for walking this road of faith and uncertainty with our family. A huge heartfelt thank you for the many prayers on our behalf, childcare help during delivery, doctors appointments and transfusions, the meals, support, packages, homeschooling curriculum, in the mail, groceries, phone calls, texts, emails, letters and cards, christmas gifts for my children, and for sharing our story and prayer needs with so many thousands of people. I know I am terrible about sending thank you cards and haven't always been able to respond to every single email (especially with our previous phone and computer problems) Please don't think for a moment that we are not grateful. Words could not express how much we appreciate each act of love, kindness and encouragement. Thank you so much for helping us through such a difficult year! We pray that the Lord will repay you for all the ways you have helped lightened our load. Though we don't have family to help, we have felt so loved and cared for by the Lord and by all of you. Thank you for your compassion and thoughtfulness.
Love you all, In Christ our Glorious REDEEMING Savior!
Alida, Huatzin, Canaan, Elijah, Anaiah, Josiah Valor & Hezekiah



"The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal gory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10

" God has a fixed time and an ordained purpose, and He who controls the limits of our lives also determines the time of our deliverance." L.B. Cowman

The little troubles and worries of life may be as stumbling blocks in our way, or we may make them stepping-stones to a
nobler character and to Heaven. Troubles are often the tools by which God fashions us for better things. - Henry Ward Beecher

"Lord, high and holy, meek and lowly, Thou hast brought me to the valley of vision, where I live in the depths but see Thee in the heights; hemmed in by mountains of sin I behold Thy glory. Let me learn by paradox that the way down is the way up, that to be low is to be high, that the broken heart is the healed heart, that the contrite spirit is the rejoicing spirit, that the repenting soul is the victorious soul, that to have nothing is to possess all, that to bear the cross is to wear the crown, that to give is to receive, that the valley is the place of vision. Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest wells, and the deeper the wells the brighter Thy stars shine; let me find Thy light in my darkness, Thy life in my death, Thy joy in my sorrow, Thy grace in my sin, Thy riches in my poverty, Thy glory in my valley." The Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers

1 comments:

Joy said...

God has done so much in your lives this past year through the unknown and struggles. I just love this Puritan Prayer. I am going to share it with my missionary friends facing persecution right now in a "closed country". Beautiful family picture too!

Atheism-Pull the Plug

Unless someone care's

Unless someone care's

Compassion Verse

"Lifehouse Anything Skit"

Our Mighty Arrows

Our Mighty Arrows