May 28, 2009

My Josiah has been hospitalized ;-( Please pray

Our precious 2 year old Josiah has been hospitalized. I've been there since yesterday. We ask for prayer. He hurt himself on a trampoline but seemed fine. We started noticing bruises from where he must have gotten pinned in between the springs. Over the next few days he started getting more and more unexplained bruises
all over his body despite being carefully monitored. He then started getting nose bleeds vomiting and a fever.

I started checking online and asking around online thinking he must be anemic or something and took him in. We thought it would be a quick check up, maybe that they'd give us some iron pills or something for him and be sent home. They did blood tests and are convinced he has either a blood disorder or cancer, ( leukemia)
This has nothing to do with the trampoline incident and we are grateful to God that it happened or we wouldn't have taken him in. Only the Lord knows how long this would have gone undiagnosed.

They have done so many tests and it is so awful to see my poor little baby get poked, prodded, and not allowed to nurse or eat. It is so heartbreaking and torturous to hear him screaming as they can't find his veins. I consider
myself a very strong person but this has had me breaking down in tears. I'd give anything for it to be me instead.

I have been crying out that the Lord would have mercy on this precious child. He is low on platelets, hemoglobin, and blood. They have given him platelets and blood. He had a bone marrow biopsy scheduled today but his blood doesn't look well enough to proceed and they don't want to risk him bleeding alot when he already has low blood. So it will hopefully be done tomorrow. I pray it's early as he doesn't understand why he cant eat, drink or nurse. I won't dare eat or drink in front of him so I haven't been eating either..

This has been so hard to leave the other kids to take care of him . I didn't understand God's decision to not allow us to buy the house we wanted in Riverside or Huatzin losing his job, but now I see his perfect timing. 1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but
then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. I don't know what I'd do if Huatzin had to work right now during this whole ordeal.

I am home only for a quick time to ask for prayer, shower, and get back to my baby. PLEASE lift Josiah and our family in prayer. I was overwhelmed last night when I started having heavy contractions before they even began the transfusions. I am praying God will be merciful and not let the baby come just yet. I
CANNOT leave my two year old. I am all that he wants. I am ok with the thought of having a baby alone while Huatzin stays with him, though that isn't at all ideal, but would prefer this whole thing be taken care of before baby arrives. I am
praying it's ITP (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura) which he has the symptoms of, but isn't as bad as leukemia. I don't want to face having to decide to go the natural route for cancer treatment vs.. chemo. I forgot my bible at a friends house so I so appreciate all of you that texted over bible verses. It was so encouraging and helpful. Thanks for all the love and support. We share a room with another family ( with a daughter with Leukemia ;-( I try to sleep as they wake him up every hour or so... It is hard as he is hooked up and wants to get down. I also have to wait to find a nurse to watch him while I go to the bathroom which is awful. It is uncomfortable, but I know there is a purpose for it all.
One good thing about it, if it is leukemia, I am due any day and would be able to use the cord blood. Great timing but I'd REALLY prefer not to travel down that road! Alida & Rodriguez Family.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Alida, keep us posted...we are praying! The Lord woke me up at 3am to pray for you guys!!! Your blog is a great place to keep everyone up to date on how we can pray and how we can help!! Hugs my friend...I want to help some how...let me know! ~stacy

Sarah said...

You grabbed my heart, the picture of your arrows, being sharpened to impact the world for Christ. Truly a mommy after my own heart. I will pray for precious Josiah and you dear mommy, Isaiah 40:11 is in my heart for you. He truly holds our children close to his heart and gently guides us as moms.

Besitos (little kisses) from this missionary mommy,
Sarah Dawn

steffany said...

Oh dear sweet momma.

I am in tears.
My prayers and petition are at our dear Lord's feet.

junglemama said...

I just found your blog and wanted to say that I said a prayer for your presious Josiah. AS I remember him, I will lift him up in prayer. Hope he is okay.

Anonymous said...

My heart hurts for you & your family. I can't imagine what you are going through.

The Lord is sovereign. His plans are perfect. His will unshakable. If that is at all comforting, praise Him.

Praying for peace. Praying for healing & miracles.

Vashti said...

Praying for you all. God's peace surpasses ALL understanding and He will carry you through it all. God Bless.

Julee said...

Oh dear Sister....my heart breaks for you. I found your blog today through another blog. I could have written your post a year or so ago excoet for the being pregant part. I will certainly be remembering to pray for you all and your Josiah (we have a Josiah too). Our Jonathan was diagnosed with ITP over two years ago (he later was found to have Aplastic Anemia) We too felt like our world had fallen apart and wondered just how God could work it all out...details like timing, careing for kids at home, husband keeping job, etc...Looking back we can see how He provided for all our needs in perfection, even when we couln't see it at the time.
Julee
bride to Mike
mommy to many
including those born in U.S., China, South Africa, Ethiopia and Vietnam
waiting for 3 more little boys

Joy said...

Wow- I just read this and will definitely start praying for all you have mentioned and that the Lord would be glorified in every detail of this. His word revives the soul - rest in Him and allow Him to carry you through.

Ransomed~Redeemed said...

Thank you precious ladies for praying for our little one! Bless you, in Jesus, Alida w5

Atheism-Pull the Plug

Unless someone care's

Unless someone care's

Compassion Verse

"Lifehouse Anything Skit"

Our Mighty Arrows

Our Mighty Arrows