Jun 15, 2008

Not much news on our adoption journey.

Well not much has changed on the status of our application. We are waiting in a sort of limbo waiting to even get our home study done. sigh. I sometimes wonder if the Lord is closing the door for us as it seems to be taking so long. I keep having to remind myself that it should be His will and not mine.

Day after day drags on, and still no word on our paperwork. :-( Waiting is hard. I want to be approved already and hold our children in my arms. I checked the website and two of our children had birthdays. sniff sniff, they had birthdays without their mama and daddy, and loving siblings. ;-( We love these kids but we truly are open. if the Lord wants to do something completely different. Though I really would like to adopt these particular children, only the Lord knows what is best and who would be the right match. A gal I met recently encouraged me by telling me that "God already knows which children are for us, He knew it before He created the foundations of the world, Even Before I was created, they were mine. " ;-) Well when you look at it that way. i seem,s so much easier to trust Him and His timing. It is still hard to be patient.

We were even prayerfully considering a teen that is raising a 5 year old. We don't want to limit God in what gifts He'd have for us or what the package (children) will look like. Truly, only He knows what is right for our family.

It breaks my heart to see so many orphans and kids in foster care all over! All different ages needing loving homes. I don't know how folks aren't completely grieved about the number of children going to bed hungry and/or parent-less each night. But I realize that this isn't every persons calling in life.. Did you know
Nearly 40 percent of American adults, or 81.5 million people, have considered adopting a child, according to the National Adoption Attitudes Survey. If just one in 500 of these adults adopted, every waiting child in foster care would have a permanent family?Isn't that amazing? Anyhoo, if you want to check out a cute video, watch this. Be blessed in Jesus Christ, our GLORIOUS REDEEMING SAVIOR! :-)

0 comments:

Atheism-Pull the Plug

Unless someone care's

Unless someone care's

Compassion Verse

"Lifehouse Anything Skit"

Our Mighty Arrows

Our Mighty Arrows