Jan 27, 2013

May each be set free

http://m.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/12/new-yorks-red-light-district-in-photos/266491/#slide5 This article really hit close to home. It's heartbreaking. I have family members like these folks. I've prayed for YEARS that they'd turn things around, find Christ, find purpose. As the years fly by, I get less hopeful. It is incredibly painful to see them while driving down the street on my way to a homeschool classes or church. I'd like to move away from the constant reminder of what I come from. At times I feel like "the one who escaped" because I'm so different and never made these choices. I also feel guilt because I can't help them, even though I know they don't really want help or to get better. It's haunts me to think that one day I may get the devastating phone call that they've succumbed from the effects of their lifestyle. (If I'm even lucky enough to get a phone call, maybe it'll be in the paper or I maybe I won't ever know, I'll just stop hearing from them, stop seeing them around) Lord please rescue them from themselves, from the snare of the evil one, from the pit they've dug for themselves. Pray for people like these. Each one is more than a statistic. It's a real person made in the image of Christ, with a purpose. Some are so hurt and broken they choose not to walk in it. Each addict, each person trapped in the street lifestyle is someones mother or father, (how many children wait expectantly for their parents to come home to them, to choose them over the lifestyle. Milestones are missed and parental rights are terminated) Each addict was some hopeful parent's daughter or son, someone's sister or brother. May each be set free and restored in Jesus mighty name.

0 comments:

Atheism-Pull the Plug

Unless someone care's

Unless someone care's

Compassion Verse

"Lifehouse Anything Skit"

Our Mighty Arrows

Our Mighty Arrows