Dec 3, 2010

Rodriguez Party of 9

Having 7 children was fun, interesting, tiring, exciting. The kids were great, it was their crazy parents that were truly difficult. Both parents share inappropriate things with the children. The father is the worst. I finally ended up banning him from coming over and told the mother that if she wanted him to see the children she wound need to supervise visits. The dad came over upset that I wouldn't let him stay with us. Why I would let anyone with a criminal past, on drugs stay in my home with my precious little ones that I've protected and nurtured. It makes sense, If "I" don't do drugs, don't expose my kids to bad things, what makes him think he can? I never cease to be amazed at the constant stream of expletives exploding out of his mouth at any given moment. Obviously he isn't allowed into my home swearing and speaking in a totally vile way in front of my children or any children in my care. I insisted he leave when he then tried to work the 10 year old up into hysterics with how mean I am for not letting him stay with me. He started telling them vulgar things about their mother. He mentioned how he was going to be sleeping out in the cold and on the streets. Then he wanted to take his daughter with him! Enough, he had to leave. I told him that if he tried to take her while on drugs I'd be calling the police. I told him that it is totally irresponsible to tell the kids all that he does about their mother. That sort of thing needs to be between the two of them. You don't include children in that. He started saying that I'm siding with their mother. The truth is, both of them behave worse than their own children. It really is difficult. I told him in the nicest way possible to "man up." Even if you were sleeping under a bridge you don't tell that to your children so they can worry about you and get them all hysterical." That's totally cowardly and beyond selfish. Besides that I've offered many times to drive him to a mens shelter, he was just too prideful to go. He basically was trying to get the girl to misbehave. She started saying she wanted to go with him knowing that he's homeless.

That was it. I packed his stuff (we're storing the family's stuff in our garage) and he isn't allowed back. His behavior was totally bizarre, selfish and crazy and I'm not having it. Another time he showed up at the school before I could get there to pick the 10 year old girl up. I asked what they talked about and she told me that he is on the streets. I asked how she knew, she said "because he told me." I said "so he showed up and told about how he is on the streets and homeless?" She said "yes" and started crying. What kind of a person does that? He feels miserable that he is on the streets (because of his drug use and unwillingness to work) and he wants EVERYONE else to be miserable too. EVEN his own children! It bothers him that they are all comfy in a nice warm home when he is outside. I'm so disgusted I could vomit. I have no respect for men that don't behave like men. I've prayed for this family again and again. I'm waiting on a miracle because at the moment change doesn't look likely. The dads is going into a court ordered treatment so I pray it works and He gets right. Unfortunately I'm not overly optimistic.

0 comments:

Atheism-Pull the Plug

Unless someone care's

Unless someone care's

Compassion Verse

"Lifehouse Anything Skit"

Our Mighty Arrows

Our Mighty Arrows